FREE Entry. Come and join in the fun with your hats and headgear at the Mad Hatterleigh Parade. Join our Hat Parade led by The Samba Band and then enter your creations into the Hat Competition. Let your imagination run wild!
Rules of the competition
- Each competition entry must take part in the Festival Hat Parade at 13:30 on Saturday 20thJuly 2019 and be available for judging at 15:30 in The Town Square.
- Competitors may be awarded prizes in more than one category at the Judges’ discretion.
- For the purposes of this competition, ‘HAT’ refers to any construction that fits or balances on the head, e.g. hats, headgear, headdress, head decoration etc.
- Competitors may submit either individual hats, or two or more hats as part of an ensemble.
- Judging will refer to, but not be limited to the following criteria:
• Creativity & originality;
• Workmanship & degree of difficulty;
• Quality of the skills shown;
• Visual qualities, appeal & impact;
• Any other X factor the judges decide merit recognition.
- The Judges will use the above criteria to judge each entry.
- There will be 6 different categories under which an entry can be judged. These are:
• Best in Parade Hat
• Best in Class Infant Hat (5 year-old or younger)
• Best in Class Junior Hat (6 – 11 year-old
• Best in Class Teens (12 -19 year old)
• Best in Class Adult (20 +)
• Best in Class Family/Group Hat Ensemble
- Prizes will be awarded on the day, so entries will need to be available 15:30-16:00 for prize-giving.
- Prizes: For each class winner; £10. For Best in Parade, £25.
The decision of The Judges is final.